Monday, April 22, 2024

Teething Problems (hopefully resolved)


Things are improving. We plan to be back on the road tomorrow to cycle the famous Bitterroot Trail Loop out of Missoula. 
Most of it is a road ride through wonderful scenery on an actual dedicated cycle path. 41.6km of mountains, forest and wide open spaces with bison and eagles in likely evidence. The bird life here is fascinating.
After that, we plan to cycle the East Missoula Trail Loop, The Clark Fork River Loop, The McCormic Park Loop and The Jacob's Island Loop - all very good rides. We may also ride the Stevensville Trail, too. 
By the end of this Big Ride, I'll have ridden a lot of the State of Montana, together with a chunk of Utah.
Being at only 3000 feet here in Missoula, my altitude sickness is gone and I'm breathing normally. 
This morning, I got an emergency appointment at a well-run charity dental facility, which charges affordable prices. It was a long wait (they were running behind) but eventually I got good treatment. X-rays showed I had a non-recoverable right lower molar that was set to cause me immense pain and hassle. My wisdom tooth was just behind it. The dentist extracted it there and then. I'm sorry to lose that tooth, but it was unavoidable and set to get more painful. Good thing I wasn't in the wilderness somewhere. It was going to happen wherever I was.
This afternoon, I walked several miles of The Bitterroot Path, whilst the anesthetic on my tooth extraction wore off. The weather was lovely.
Who knows what's in store next.
I have booked a train trip to Inverness for 14th May - a week after my return from USA. The second leg of my Lands End to John O'Groats Big Ride ended in Inverness in Summer of 2021. 
I have unfinished business there. Inverness to John O'Groats is only 150 miles. I need to complete it. Just a few days ride, and then I can say I've truly cycled the length of the UK - every inch of the way.
The Bitterroot Path


No comments:

Post a Comment

New York morning & Flight home to London

My last day in New York. I had a deep and long sleep in the hotel and a walk in a public park in the Queens area. It was comfort...