Saturday, April 20, 2024

Back in Missoula: Yet more health challenges!

We got back to Missoula at 21.55. It is good to be here.
We unloaded and went to bed. I am back in the guest room which I like very much.
During the night, I woke up with low-level tooth ache in my lower right jaw - a molar. Now, I really take care of my teeth. I brush & floss thoroughly and visit the dentist regularly. I have a good dentist in Cambridge.
This morning we unpacked, did housework and took the car to the carwash and hoovered it out. The toothache got more persistant. Then I started feeling nauseous and a bit ill - probably a tooth infection.
This will have to be dealt with using antibiotics again - I imagine. Are all three illnesses linked? Are the American gods against me and are testing me? Who knows? Watch this space. 
15.37 Missoula time. Good news. Seen a doctor. Yes I have a tooth infection. My right lower molar 'needs to be drilled and filled' said the doc after an examination. She prescribed me antibiotics. So tomorrow morning first thing, I need to see a dentist in Missoula. What will that cost! Anyway, main thing is we're dealing with this latest health issue. Then I can get back on the bike. 
Good job we're not still in the wilds of Utah!
I'm 65 next week, and really take my health and well-being seriously. It just seems like a bit of bad luck that three things in a row have happened on this American trip.
Let's pray that it's the last of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...