Saturday, April 20, 2024

Take Me Home Country Roads

Last night was a good night in the yurt. We all slept well. When we woke up, it was really cold, so we lit the stove. I then put my trunks on and headed for the outdoor hot tub. It was a lovely experience to be swimming in the hot tub in freezing cold weather!
We are now on the road to Missoula. AB & SB spent the morning having massage and in the hot tubs. I went for a long walk along the lakeside and just loved that. I saw what I thought were rainbow trout leaping out of the lake for flies. I checked with some fishermen if they were rainbow trout and they confirmed it. 
I spent a lot of my childhood fishing (which of course, I don't do now). I sense that my fish identification skills are still good. 
Tomorrow, the plan is to cycle out of Missoula on a long country trail. Before we do that, we'll need to wash and re-oil the bikes. They are totally caked with the red dust of Utah.
We've crossed the line into Montana now, so we're homeward bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...