Thursday, April 18, 2024

Heading North and downhill

After yesterdays amazing day riding through  Red Rock National Forest, I became progressively ill and AB & SB took me to Panguitch Garfield Memorial Hospital. I felt truly terrible and don't remember being brought in.
All medical checks were done, and no I didn't have an infection. It was altitude sickness. Utah is high - up to 10,000 feet in places. After a saline drip, I soon recovered and was discharged. I was encouraged to leave Utah by the doctor.
As Missoula and Montana are a much lower altitude, we've decided to go back there and continue our Big Ride in that wonderful State. If there are health concerns there, AB & SBs house is there. We're on home turf. Also, the cycling is great, so we're not done yet.
It will take two days driving to get back to Missoula. We'll stay in Salt Lake City tonight.
I slept well in the yurt last night and now feel well again.
Shame to leave Utah but needs must. At 65, I don't want to risk having a stroke.
The weather here is beautiful and not too hot.
I will get a large medical bill from Panguitch hospital, so I'm in dialogue with my travel insurance. I hope my claim is upheld.
We are in Salt Lake City now, and are resting up ready for the big drive north to Missoula tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...