Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Big Ride Day 4: The Butch Cassidy Ride

Left the condo in St George this morning. The weather is proper hot! Heading for Panguitch, the childhood home of Butch Cassidy, the notorious outlaw. 
Rode through Red Rock Canyon, near Panguitch which was spectacular - as you can see from the pictures. It was a good ride among beautiful pine trees. Bryce National Park was on the horizon. 
We are booked to stay in a yurt this evening. Got to the yurt outside Panguitch and unloaded. All day, I'd been getting stabbing pains in the groin and felt intermittent nausea. By the time we got to the yurt, I felt really rough. My head was spinning. Was this another UTI? That would be worrying. 
AB & SB drove me to Panguitch Hospital, where I now am. The good news is that the urine test was clear and I don't have an infection. The doctor is sure I am suffering from altitude sickness. We are up high here. I could be susceptible, in which case then cycling in Utah isn't going to work! - we'll need to go back to Missoula and continue our big ride from there. Just riding at a different elevation that's all.
Currently, I'm attached to an intravenous drip. Let's see what the Doctor says in 30 minutes. Hopefully I can get discharged tonight. AB & SB have been brilliant.
STOP PRESS: I am now discharged, feeling better and back in the yurt with AB & SB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...