Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Big Ride Day 3: Pilgrimage to Zion

It was so good having a rest day in St George at the Condo yesterday. We used the gym, swam in the heated pool and went to a Mexican restaurant. The sun is out! Today got up to 25°C in the canyons. Tomorrow is forecast for 29°C! Yesterday's blizzard feels so freeky now. Like a whole other world. Who knows, it may change back again.
Today we kicked off from Zion National Park trailhead on the bikes. Cycling on the right still feels odd but I'm getting used to it. We are at 5000 feet here, so my breathing started off rather laboured, but got easier later in the day as I acclimatised. We rode through the whole lengthy canyon and back and that's a good ride.
It is hard to describe the awesomeness of the scenery. Bit like the best scenery of Scotland times ten. 
We also got off the bikes and took a 2.2 mile walk up to a stunningly beautiful river scene. 
AB is very patient and waits for me on the road. I am older, less fit and have a slower, heavier bike but I am hanging in there. I can do this ride (or series of rides to be more accurate).
Heading to our digs as I write this - by way of a pizza place.
Tomorrow, it's a ride to Panguitch, via Cedar Breaks Monument.
I feel as a Brit, I'm really getting to see what Utah has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...