Saturday, July 10, 2021

Train trouble

Yesterday afternoon, I got a message from Great Western Railway saying that my overnight train to Penzance this Sunday was cancelled - due to staff shortage from Covid. In fact most trains that day are cancelled. I spent around two frantic hours trying to find another train. Another train for me and a free booking for my bike, too. After much hassle, I finally got a booking for 17.03 for myself and my bike this Sunday. It cost me an extra £71, but at least I have got it. 

Assuming the train runs and runs on time, I'm due to arrive in Penzance at 22.09. No B&Bs were available at that time, so a very generous Dharmacharini (who I don't even know) has stepped in and offered me to stay at her house. I am so grateful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

  Today has been a long day. I am sitting in a chip shop in Wick, waiting for a veggie burger and chips. I am very h...