Friday, July 9, 2021

Health is Wealth

I'm pleased to say I'm feeling completely well again today. Sadhu! Whatever it was has passed on quickly. Whilst I was ill, my system fought back vigorously, and I've recovered quickly it seems. This morning, I've done some gym and had a cycle ride. I feel completely well. I suspect it was either yoghurt past it's 'consume by' date or contaminated water in a plastic water bottle. I'm going to be more scrupulous about these things from now on.

Yesterday I was due to go canoeing with Saddhahadaya in our new canoe. But by 11.30 she kindly drove me home to rest as I was feeling really nauseous and rough. Sanghadevi kindly gave me homeopathic pills for food poisoning, and they worked well. I vomitted twice and immediately felt better. By 3pm, I was sufficiently well to visit the Cambridge Botanic Gardens with Saddhahadaya, but felt a bit washed out. She was very empathetic.

After a really good night's sleep I'm back on top again. Which is great because Saddhahadaya and I are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate her birthday on Saturday. It's our last bit of time together before I head off for a whole month. The interesting thing is that I will be waiting with my bike in Paddington station on Sunday evening ready to take the Penzance overnight sleeper at 11.50. England International Football team may or may not have won the Euros by this time. Either way, England have done well.

My son Barney and I plan to ride the MizMal next summer. This is Mizzen Head to Malin Head in Ireland. The southern-most tip to the northern-most tipof the island. It's 525miles and mainly runs along the rugged West Coast. Barney thinks he can take a week off from his job and his family life to do it. It will be great to spend quality time together, cycling a fantastic route in a beautiful country.

But before that, there is a small matter of a 1200 mile LEJOG to do..... 


6 comments:

  1. I like the maillot jaune - suits you sir! Have a great ride and look forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another food that needs a second look is banana chips. Dried slices of banana are one thing, banana chips are another. They've usually been fried and sweetened, so like granola bars, they have transformed into something more high calorie and less healthy. firehouse subs for diabetic menu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog lumbar and cervical nerve root block

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. check best portable hand sanitizer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is accepted that Bitters invigorate stomach related capability by expanding spit, stomach corrosive and stomach related protein creation. Assuming you experience the ill effects of an excessive amount of corrosive (hyperchlorhydria), sharp flavoring could intensify the issue.
    bank hand mehndi designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are looking for innovative ways to market your products and services, you cannot ignore the importance of internet marketing aka digital marketing. According to experts, digital marketing is one of the most valuable assets for any business in the world. Oussama Mansour coach

    ReplyDelete

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Today has been a long day. I am sitting in a chip shop in Wick, waiting for a veggie burger and chips. I am very hungry. I have...