Thursday, July 15, 2021

Onwards and upwards

 


DAY 4: Set off early as the weather is HOT!. More hard miles coming out of Cornwall, but finally things got easier as I got into Devon. The last 10 miles into Okehampton were actually on the Granite Way. An old railway line converted into a cycle path. It was wonderful. I'm feeling fit and well and starting to enjoy this now. Lots of magical moments in the countryside. I'm pleased with my fitness levels.

Got into Okehampton and 3pm and went to see my father and his partner/carer. He was pleased to see me and the visit went well. Had a very pleasant outdoor evening meal on Dartmoor with my brother. I will visit Dad again tomorrow before I set off for Honiton near Exeter.

So 30 miles today. Twenty of which were hard and ten which were easy. I met a cyclist today who had done the same trip I'm doing. He said things are much easier after Exeter - right the way up to John O Groats. Pleased about that!



1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you Saddharaja in this heatwave! Hope the conditions ease up. Sadhu, you are an inspiration. Lots of love, Kalyacitta

    ReplyDelete

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Today has been a long day. I am sitting in a chip shop in Wick, waiting for a veggie burger and chips. I am very hungry. I have...