Friday, July 16, 2021

Heat and Dust


After a good afternoon and evening with my family, I returned to my B&B feeling well. I slept well. However, I rose at 6am feeling nauseous again. It is the return of whatever I had last week.

I was a bit worried as I knew I had 45 miles to ride through Exeter to Wilmington and that it would be a scorching day. I couldn't face a full veggie breakfast, so just had muesli, fruit and yoghurt. I felt better once out on the road. It was mostly a day of riding country back roads, with some hills but nothing like Cornwall. I felt fine but the afternoon heat was brutal. I need to be completely covered up.

Got to the B&B at 5 and my hosts are warm and helpful. They even washed my cycling gear and put it out to dry. As I write this, the nausea has returned. I don't know what to do, other than carry on. I've taken rehydration salts. Hopefully a good night will improve things. It's Glastonbury tomorrow, which is not as far as today. Each day brings some new challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Saddharaja, so nice to hear from you, sending loads of metta from India. Sudipta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sir! Namo Buddhay! Jai Bhim!

    ReplyDelete

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Today has been a long day. I am sitting in a chip shop in Wick, waiting for a veggie burger and chips. I am very hungry. I'...