Thursday, May 2, 2024

Last trip and plane hassle


Today, AB and I did the five hour car trip north to Glacier National Park. It is close to the border with Canada. We have the bikes with us. 
The plan is to do our last Big Ride through the National Park tomorrow (Saturday). Then we return home on Sunday, and I get ready for my flight home to the UK on Monday. The weather looks promising and the experience is likely to be wonderful.
We have booked a small condo to stay in for two nights. We are staying in a town called Whitefish. It's a lovely little cabin in the woods with all mod cons.
For some reason, my American SIM has run out (it shouldn't have). I will need WiFi to send reports of the journey. Thankfully we have that in the condo. 
I've discovered there are upcoming problems with my flight back to the UK. It will take two days and not one. Virgin have cancelled my flight from Salt Lake City to New York on Monday. This means I have to wait 24 hours in Salt Lake City and get a flight the next day - an extra hotel expense, which Virgin refused to compensate me for. I think I can handle a footloose day in Salt Lake. Thankfully I have no pressing reason to be home for a certain time.
The drive around Glacier National Park today was magnificent and beautiful. I can't wait to cycle through it tomorrow - our 14th and last ride of this odyssey.
What a fortunate man I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...