Saturday, April 27, 2024

R & R

Woke up feeling unwell again. More dehydration again, I think. I am not drinking enough, I've concluded. I've drunk litres this morning, and am slowly improving again. This seems to be the teaching at 3000 feet - I must drink much more than usual, together with taking supplementary electrolytes.
As a result, we decided this weekend should be a 'Rest and Recuperation' (R&R) weekend, and we should lay off the cycling for a bit.
AB and I drove north to the great Flat Head Lake near Polson. Growing up as I did on the banks of Lake Windermere in the English Lake District, I always like to see freshwater lakes, but this lake was something else! At 35 miles long it's three times larger than Windermere. Truly magical.
Unfortunately I still felt rough at times with what feels like altitude sickness-type symptoms, but have drunk lots today and currently feel more normal.
AB and I spent two hours in a wonderful Native American museum. The audio headphones really brought the museum alive. The history of the Native Americans is interesting to me and this was a great museum.
All in all, today has been a great cultural and (hopefully) health-restrative interlude. 
The rain has been there all day and sometimes very heavy. 
Let's see what tomorrow brings. There are still some bike rides to do. Our final bike trip will be the Glacier National Park next Friday, where we hope to ride a wonderful scenic trail.
I believe I've lost about 8kg on this trip. It is my firm resolve to keep that weight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...