Monday, December 26, 2022

Good times in Nagpur

We all four: Adityabodhi, Nityasri, Nagamitra and myself got the late night flight from Kolkata to Nagpur on 23rd December. It went smoothly and we landed at NM & NS's flat in Nagpur. It's a good flat and AB and are staying as guests until after the end of the Triratna Indian Order Convention.

We are situated near Nagaloka, the huge Triratna training institute where the Convention is being held. There's over 500 of us here, and the atmosphere is great with talks, good food, collective practice and lots of friendship.

I am not the only Westerner, there are three others. I had thought there would be no duties for a week for me and I was looking forward to that, but no, the requests have come in and it was impossible to say no. So tomorrow, I shall address the Order on the subject of Right Livelihood and on the 31st I'm leading a workshop day for Buddhist Hospital Doctors. There's no shortage of variety on this Teaching tour for a 63 year old arthritic British Order member who speaks very little Hindi.

Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat but paracetamol and Strepsils have got me functional again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Today has been a long day. I am sitting in a chip shop in Wick, waiting for a veggie burger and chips. I am very hungry. I'...