Thursday, April 25, 2024

Big Ride Day 8: Milwaukee Road Path - The Kim Williams Trail

Today, AB is at work all day, so I intend to explore a new ride by myself. Last night, I was kindly given a nice new hat for my birthday with 'Ride Missoula' as the legend on it. Well I'm certainly doing that - along with two big rides in Utah and another great ride in Idaho. I feel lucky to have this opportunity.
Today I cycled the Milwaukee Road Path deep into the Hellgate Forest. The path was all gravel and ran along the Bitterroot River for many miles. It was beautiful with very few people around. Just the occasional hiker or mountain biker. I stopped and chatted to some folk. They seemed pleased to be talking to someone who was 'English'. It seems that everyone here has heard of Cambridge. "Are you a Cambridge Don"? I got asked. Well, hardly. In fact it's difficult to explain what I do in layman's terms. I said I was a retired Mental Health worker.
The ride was not as tough as yesterday, but still had its challenges. The rough gravel was jarring for my arthritic wrists, but I'm not complaining when a ride is as spectacular as this.
The trail was mostly on the level. I think this is my favourite kind of cycling: remote and dramatic, forest paths and no big hills. 
There is more of this Kim Williams Trail to explore. That's what I intend to do while I am here. I've got another week yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment