Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Dreams and teams work together


 


On Friday 25th March I had an excellent day in Stowmarket with Prajnakara and his wife Rachel. We had quality time together. Prajnakara is the man who is supporting me to do this Big Ride from Shrewsbury to John O'Groats - 650 miles. He will be with me every wheel-turn of the way - riding alongside. He's a generous man and very good company. We spent time organising our big ride in greater detail. 

Prajnakara is also an Audax rider. He's a really accomplished cyclist and very fit. Audax is a non-competitive cycling sport where participants (sometimes in their hundreds) cycle long distances within a pre-defined time limit. It is very popular in Europe, and a typical event might be Paris to Brest and back again (1,234km). The riders carry the minimum and are supported by organised rest and food stops en route. There are lots of Audax rides in the UK. 

Not sure if I will ever be able to be an Audax rider, but there's a lot for me to learn from those who do.

Prajnakara has never done a big ride through Scotland, and neither have I, so this is something great to look forward to.

I have recently stepped up my training, and am now doing around 120 miles a week and loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEJOG3 - Day 5: The Finishing Line

 Arrival! More later...